Mee Tai Mak is made from round, chewy rice noodles. They are pretty famous in Singapore. You can get them ready to eat in the streets, or buy your own in the super market to make at home. They are really easy to make. Here is a recipe to try them out:
- 1 pkt Mee tae Mak
- Roast pork
- 4 slightly beaten eggs
- 4 rice bowls of water
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 5 tbsp dark sweet sauce
- 1/2 light soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Soak the mee tae bak in boiled (not boiling) water for abt 10 mins and drain.
- Pan fry the roast pork with some oil followed by the rest of the ingredients (exclude mee tae mak). Stir fry for about 5 mins. Scoop and leave aside.
- Pour in the sauce, cover, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add in the drained mee tae mak.
- Mix to make sure they are all immersed in the sauce.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 mins.
- Add in all the ingredients, mix well, cover and simmer another 5 mins, add in a little water if dry up.
- Add in beaten eggs and gently stir.
- Cover and simmer another 5 mins.
And its done!
Recipe courtesy: Singapore Home Cooks